Preparation before you bring your quilt to us:
· Backing fabric needs to be at least 6” wider and 6” longer than your quilt top.
· Trim away any loose threads on the back to prevent shadowing or threads protruding from the seams on the top of your quilt.
· If your quilt and back are directional or needs centering, please indicate with a note pinned to the appropriate side of the quilt and back.
Services and supplies that we provide:
· Consultation with you to choose the best design, thread and finishing services for your quilt.
· Pantograph, many levels of complexity, and free motion, custom design, outlining and echo quilting.
· Battings including cotton and wool. Priced per yard.
· You may provide the batting.
· If you prefer, we will construct your backing. You must provide the appropriate yardage Please see price list.
· Quilts are trimmed and squared to the edge of the top, ready for you to bind, unless otherwise indicated on the order form.
· We will do our best to blend tucks, puckers and stretched areas.
· Binding services options. Please see price list.
· For hand quilters, we will baste your quilt on the machine, 4” to 6” apart. All the requirements remain the same.
· An image of your quilt may be used to show the quality of our work. If this is not acceptable, it must be indicated on the order form.
All prices for quilting and basting are by the square inch. To arrive at your cost, multiply the width times the height times the price. We do not charge extra for thread unless it’s a custom order.
· Pantographs – depending on complexity $.02 to $.04
· Custom design $.0275 to $.08
· Basting for hand quilters $.015
Please provide the backing at least 6” wider and 6” longer than your top. If we need to add a leader, an additional $15.
We use wool or cotton batting, or the client can provide their own.
Piecing the Backing: Please provide yardage required for size of quilt. $15 per seam
Binding: Please provide one yard of fabric. Priced by the linear inch. Add the lengths of each side, then multiply by the cost.
· Make binding and attach to quilt $.15
· Make binding, attach to quilt,
machine stitch to the back $.25
· Make binding, attach to quilt, hand stitch to the back $.40